Visit & Tour
We can’t wait to welcome you to the place where you belong!
Explore the World's 6th Largest Cathedral
View New Features and Exhibits
Visit and Tour FAQ
It costs about $1,700 an hour to maintain the Cathedral, and we do not receive any direct operating support from the federal government or a national church body. Every dollar we raise is given by generous donors who cherish this national treasure and want to share it with others.
Your admission fee helps sustain the Cathedral for future generations, and allows us to offer you a memorable experience. Your support fuels outreach in the city and across the nation, and also helps fund repairs from the 2011 earthquake.
Worship services and private prayer are always free, and the Cathedral is free to visit after Sunday Holy Eucharist. Thank you for your support!
The Now and Forever Windows are located on the south side of the nave (main) level in a covered arcade. You can see the windows by visiting the Cathedral during General Sightseeing Hours or after Sunday Holy Eucharist.
Groups (20+ people) are required to have a reservation to visit the Cathedral for any reason.
Please refer to the Group & School Visits page for details on how to request a reservation. Every year, the Cathedral is privileged to welcome groups from around the world to visit. We can’t wait to meet your group!
We recommend parking in the Cathedral’s underground parking garage. There is very limited parking on the Cathedral grounds and in the surrounding neighborhood.
Underground Parking Garage
- Entrance: Enter via Wisconsin Avenue, at the traffic signal just south of Woodley Road.
- Garage Hours: 6 am to 11 pm.
- Maximum height: 7’ 6” including rooftop accessories. No trailers or RVs are permitted in the garage or on the grounds.
- Accessible parking spaces: located on each level of the garage near the elevators.
- Security office: located on level B1 of the garage next to the Wisconsin Avenue entrance.
- Pay station machines: located by the elevator lobbies on the B1 and B2 levels and also at the Wisconsin Avenue exit. Pay machines accept cash or credit cards. Credit cards or small denomination bills preferred. Change is issued in coins.
- During select events, special rates may apply.
The Visitor Entrance is located directly across from the parking garage elevators, on the northwest corner of the Cathedral (closest to Wisconsin Ave).
Whether on site or remotely, explore the Cathedral with our digital guide on Bloomberg Connects, the free arts and culture app. The digital guide offers specialized self-guided tours, including a guide to the Cathedral’s gargoyles and grotesques. Dive deeper into your favorite Cathedral architecture and other features at home–or anywhere, anytime!
Please visit Open City at the National Cathedral’s website for hours and other information.
As a living and active community of faith, the Cathedral’s schedule and ability to welcome visitors is subject to unexpected changes. If a conflict arises and we cannot be open for touring at the date/time you have purchased, we will contact you by email and your credit card will be refunded.
By purchasing admission in advance, you acknowledge that our schedule is subject to change.
Learn about our full box office policies here.