Thanksgiving Basket Drive 2018
The Cathedral Congregation, in partnership with Covenant Baptist Church/UCC, Friendship Place, and First Baptist Church, is organizing to provide Thanksgiving dinners for families in need throughout the city. Join with the Cathedral staff and other friends in the community by helping us go even further in 2018.
Last year, the Cathedral congregation delivered 1000 meals through partners around the region – a combination of donated “baskets” and funds raised to purchase turkeys and additional food. Help us reach 1,250 in 2018!
Ways to Help:
- Sign up (by Nov. 11) to prepare and contribute one or more “baskets” of designated non-perishable food items
- Deliver “baskets” (in reusable grocery bags with handles) to the Cathedral on November 18 from 8:30 to 11:30 am
Donate funds to purchase turkeys and additional baskets
- ONLINE: Give online now
- IN PERSON: Give cash or checks at the Congregation Table beginning Sunday, Oct. 14
- VIA TEXT: Text the amount you want to give and “thanksgiving” to: 202-856-9005 (example: text “50 thanksgiving”)
Volunteer to help
- Volunteers are needed for basket assembly at Covenant Baptist Church and the Cathedral, and for basket delivery to community partners. Multiple dates are available.
- Sign up to volunteer
Drop off your Thanksgiving baskets in the bus garage retail space, November 7–16 and Sunday, November 18.
Wednesday–Friday, November 7–9, 3–6:30 pm
Saturday, November 10, 12–5 pm
Sunday, November 11, 1–3 pm
Monday–Friday, November 12–16, 3–6:30 pm
Sunday, November 18, 8:30–11:30 am
The bus garage retail space is located adjacent to the restrooms in the garage. Questions? Email email@example.com