Explore some of the most beloved Cathedral features at your own pace! Included in your General Sightseeing Admission:
- Access to the main level where you can see the world-famous Space Window, Canterbury Pulpit, Nave-level chapels, and other favorite features including the new Now and Forever Windows
- When available, access to the crypt-level chapels and the Tower Observation Gallery with stunning views of Washington, DC
- Access to seasonal exhibits, including Crèches from Around the World and Look for the Helpers: The Art of Kelly Latimore
- Self-guided tour brochure and self-guided digital tour via our Bloomberg Connects app to enhance your visit
- Stained Glass Experience Kiosk
general sightseeing days and times
Our sightseeing hours vary day-to-day to accommodate the wide range of activities and ministries offered at the Cathedral. You may arrive at any time during your ticket day’s open hours.
Visiting with a large group? Groups of 20+ must request an advance reservation here →
arrival and entry
- Please either print or keep your ticket handy on your phone when you arrive at the Cathedral.
- The visitor entrance is located at the front corner of Cathedral nearest to Wisconsin Ave., across from the garage elevators.
- Last entry is 15 minutes before closing.
As a living and active community of faith, the Cathedral’s schedule and ability to welcome visitors is subject to unexpected changes. If a conflict arises and we cannot be open for touring at the date/time you have purchased, we will contact you by email and your credit card will be refunded.
By purchasing admission in advance, you acknowledge that our schedule is subject to change.
If you purchase tickets in any of the available discount categories, you will be asked to provide appropriate identification for discount eligibility upon arrival.