Outlined below are Washington National Cathedral’s cleaning procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic. These guidelines were developed according to recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and National Institutes of Health and will be reevaluated as new guidance emerges.
- All recommended 6 ft social distancing guidelines required when using indoor and outdoor spaces. All events and activities are designed to ensure adequate social distancing.
- Properly worn face masks are required of our staff, volunteers, visitors, worshippers, and vendors.
- Automatic hand sanitizer dispensers will be available to guests in the event space.
- In addition to regular, thorough cleanings, staff is frequently wiping down furniture and other commonly touched surfaces (such as door handles) using EPA-approved disinfectants. We have also upgraded our HVAC system air filters.
- Public water fountains and hand driers will not be in use.
- Any person attending in-person gatherings will be required to provide contact information for contacting tracing purposes. All information will be kept on file for 30 days.