Make a Reservation
We require that all groups visiting the Cathedral make a reservation. Groups may take a tour or come to worship. You will need a reservation if your group:
- is larger than 15 people
- will be arriving by motor coach
- will be arriving by larger vehicle, such as a mini-bus or 15-passenger van
Tours last about 30 minutes and are led by a Cathedral docent. They provide an overview of the Cathedral’s art, architecture, history, and mission.
For worship services, please consider reserving during one of the following services, which are well-suited for group attendance:
MONDAY — SATURDAY
- Noon: Holy Eucharist (30 minutes)
- 5:30 pm: Evensong (30–45 min or Evening Prayer (30–45 min, read by Cathedral clergy)
- 9 am: Holy Eucharist (60-75 minutes, Holy Communion with Cathedral Band)
- 11:15 am: Holy Eucharist (60-75 minutes, with organ and full choir)
Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of services and to stay for the duration.
NOTE: The worship schedule is occasionally impacted by special events. Please see calendar for potential schedule interruptions.
Vehicles such as motor coaches, mini-buses, and 15-passenger vans must park in the Cathedral bus parking garage. Please request a reservation for your group on the reservation form. You will receive additional information regarding parking when you receive your scheduling notice.
Groups are now able to pre-order boxed lunches from the Cathedral’s on-site café, Open City at the National Cathedral. Details about placing orders and picking up your meals can be found here.
Read our Group Visit FAQ for answers to many common questions.
Washington National Cathedral is pleased to provide educational tools for teachers around the country. Visit our page of educational resources for teachers whether or not you’re coming for a visit. Explore now