Washington National Cathedral and Mr. Martin Luther King III, Drum Major Institute, host an interfaith panel discussion with Georgia Senator Raphael Warnock. On the 53rd anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s funeral, we seek to address how faith leaders navigate the joys and challenges of interfaith collaboration, build relationships and continue realizing Dr. King’s dream of a beloved community. Join us as we discuss this moment in time and ask, “What is God calling us to do?”
The Rev. Canon Leonard L. Hamlin, Sr., Canon Missioner and Minister for Equity and Inclusion, hosts and moderates this discussion with the following panelists:
- The Honorable Raphael Warnock, United States Senator, Georgia
- Martin Luther King III, Chairman, Drum Major Institute
- Keith Byrd, Pastor, Zion Baptist Church; 2nd Vice-President, Progressive National Baptist Convention
- Rabbi Lauren Holtzblatt, Co-Senior Rabbi, Adas Israel Congregation
- Imam Talib M. Shareef, President and Imam, Masjid Muhammad - The Nations Mosque
- Dr. Paul Smith, Presbyterian minister, mediator and civil rights activist; Retired Pastor, First Presbyterian Church in Brooklyn, NY
Join our interfaith leaders on April 23 for a follow-up conversation on zoom to ask questions and learn more. Check back here for information about registering for the April 23 event.
This conversation has been pre-recorded and will premier on our YouTube and Facebook channels.
- April 9, 2021 @ 11:00 am