Given the increased demand for food in these challenging times, we plan to go ahead and hold our sandwich collection on Monday, May 18 on a trial basis. The drop-off will be held between 11:00 am and 1:30 pm at the Cathedral’s BUS GARAGE, which is accessed via the entrance on South Road and Wisconsin Avenue. Pedestrians are welcome to take the parking garage elevators to the B2 level.
We fully understand that, for a variety of reasons, many of our regular sandwich-makers may not be able to participate. Safety is paramount and we do not want anyone to risk their health. As an alternative, monetary donations to Martha’s Table are equally appreciated.
If you are able to donate sandwiches, kindly email us at [email protected] no later than 3:00 pm on Friday, May 15 to indicate how many meat and cheese sandwiches you plan to contribute. We will also be accepting the usual fruit and trail mix donations. Sandwich-making instructions can be found here. When making sandwiches, it is vitally important that we focus on food safety and hygiene. Remember to wash your hands frequently, pay strict attention to the 20-second handwashing rule, and wear gloves when handling food (per Martha’s Table’s hygiene protocol). Of course, if you feel unwell, please do not make sandwiches this month.
Kindly wear a face mask when you drop off your sandwiches and keep the appropriate distance. Follow the drop-off guidelines below to help keep us all safe.
PLEASE WEAR A MASK WHEN DROPPING OFF SANDWICHES.
➙ Drop-Off Instructions:
1. Drive through the bus garage entrance located at South Rd & Wisconsin Ave.
2. Wait in line and please be patient if there are vehicles ahead of you. Social distance will be maintained.
3. Kindly drop off sandwiches/fruit in the boxes provided.
4. If you need help, let us know.
5. Exit garage straight ahead to Woodley Rd.
- May 18, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 1:30 pm
- Drop-off location is located inside the Cathedral's bus garage