On Saturday, March 24, the students and families of March For Our Lives will take to the streets of Washington to demand that their lives and safety become a priority and that we end gun violence and mass shootings in our schools.
On Friday, March 23, Washington National Cathedral will host an interfaith prayer vigil for activists, students and pilgrims.
- Tickets and registrations will not be required for entry, however, registration is requested to help the Cathedral prepare to welcome everyone
- Bus groups seeking on-site parking MUST request via the registration form
- Doors open at 6:15 pm
- All will be welcome; seating is first come, first served
Students and leaders from many faith traditions will lead this prayer service recognizing the breadth of trauma caused by gun violence, including community shootings, school massacres, suicide, and related traumas. In prayer and song, this gathering will honor those we have lost, acknowledge the pain we carry, and lift up the need for healing for ourselves and our country. Together, we will call on the spirit of hope and love to carry us forward.
Additional resources available at cathedral.org/marchforourlives
Special thanks to our partners and co-sponsors
- The Dietrich Bonhoeffer Institute
- St. Mark's Episcopal Church Capitol Hill
- Episcopal Youth Ministries
- The Church of the Epiphany
- Masjid Muhammad, The Nation's Mosque
- Mayor Murial Bowser’s Office of Religious Affairs
- The TraRon Center
- Council of Churches of Greater Washington
- Episcopal Diocese of Washington
- Progressive National Baptist Convention
- Fellowship of Reconciliation
- Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism
- Virginia Theological Seminary
- Faith in Public Life
- Shiloh Baptist Church
- Episcopal Bishops United Against Violence
- The Episcopal Diocese of Connecticut
- Jewish Teens March for Our Lives
- Free; Please register
- VIEW AVAILABILITY
- March 23, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Registration requested.
- Limited bus parking available; buses MUST register in order to be eligible for bus parking.