Join Washington National Cathedral as we partner with United Planning Organization to support children and families throughout the District of Columbia as they prepare for the upcoming school year. As teachers and families prepare for the year ahead, we are coming together to make sure every student, no matter where they are learning, is prepared to succeed. We are collecting items to make at-home learning the best possible experience for all students. We are also accepting non-perishable food donations for healthy snacks, breakfast items and lunches (meals normally provided for at school).
The Cathedral is proud to partner with United Planning Organization (UPO) as part of outreach opportunities. Since 1962, UPO has focused on changing lives—supporting and inspiring Washington, DC’s low-income residents on their journey to self-sufficiency and success. This drive will be in conjuncture with our Red Cross Blood Drives. Learn more about the Cathedral’s outreach at https://cathedralorg.wpengine.com/online/support-neighbors/
Drop-off items from 11 am to 4 pm.
Needed items include the following:
- Jump ropes
- Exercise bands
- Other exercise and outside equipment that can be used to maintain social distance
- Thumb drives
- Dual charging ports
- Noise canceling headphones
- Games for students and families
- Arts & crafts
- Science equipment for at-home experiments
- Other at-home activities that are enriching (and fun!)
- Non-perishable, healthy foods such as granola bars, fruit, trail mix, no-sugar added applesauce and others
- January 1, 1970 |