This climb focuses on the Cathedral’s two western towers and includes a close-up look at many gargoyles and grotesques while visiting the open-air walkway wrapping around these two towers (about 125 feet above the ground). The climb ends on the very top of the northwest tower, which provides the best views of the Cathedral itself, and 360-degree views of the surrounding area (over 200 feet above the ground).
The tour lasts 75 – 90 minutes.
- January 1, 1970 |
- Prepare for rigorous activity
- Those with a fear of heights or enclosed spaces should not participate; stairs include both enclosed stone staircases and also open metal, spiral stairs
- Minimum height requirement: 48 inches (4 feet)
- Not appropriate for young children; Infants cannot be carried on the tour
- Dress appropriately for the weather, as the weather conditions are more extreme than at ground level