Bell Tower Climb
Experience Washington DC like never before with a Cathedral Tower Climb, where you’ll experience panoramic vistas from the highest geographical point in the nation’s capital.
The ultimate destination of the Bell Tower Climb is the ringing chamber, 333 steps high in the Cathedral’s central tower. From here, visitors will find the best possible view of Washington, DC. The climb includes multiple views inside the Cathedral itself, up-close views of stained glass, and access to some of the Cathedral’s oldest stairs.
Duration: 75-90 minutes.
Please review the following information before purchasing tickets.
- Prepare for rigorous activity
- Not for those with a fear of heights or enclosed spaces, or for those with limited mobility – stairs include both enclosed stone staircases and also open metal, spiral stairs
- Must be at least 11 years old; minimum height requirement: 48 inches (4 feet)
- Infants cannot be carried on Tower Climbs
- Dress appropriately for the weather, as conditions are more extreme than at ground level
- Tower Climbs are scheduled according to docent availability; not all options may be available at a given time
About Tower Climbs
These adventurous climbs take you through hidden stairwells, past stunning stained glass and charming gargoyles, for a unique experience that will take your breath away. These once-in-a-lifetime experiences showcase the beauty of the Cathedral and the city we call home.
Check upcoming availability of all Tower Climbshere.
As a living and active community of faith, the Cathedral’s schedule and ability to welcome visitors is subject to unexpected changes. If a conflict arises and we cannot be open for touring at the date/time you have purchased, we will contact you by email and your credit card will be refunded.
By purchasing admission in advance, you acknowledge that our schedule is subject to change.
If you purchase tickets in any of the available discount categories, you will be asked to provide appropriate identification for discount eligibility upon arrival.