Drawing on the centuries-long heritage of sacred choral music, the 2020 Collegiate Singers Course promotes and preserves this tradition of excellence. We invite individuals and ensemble singers to join us at Washington National Cathedral, a center for continuing education, pilgrimage and retreat. Grow in musicianship as you cultivate your skills and achieve your potential through a transformative week of music at the spiritual home for the nation.
This course, under the direction of Mike McCarthy, offers an immersive experience to undergraduate and graduate students in all aspects of choral music ranging from the 12th to 21st centuries.
- Performances take place in both liturgy and concert formats
- Each student presents a solo recital
- Other activities include performance practice workshops, private singing lessons and daily discussion-based lectures
- Open to students of all voice types
- Enrollment is limited to 24 students
A fully-residential program, this course includes accommodation and meals in addition to daily study. Attendees will join with our supportive community of musicians at ‘the nation’s cathedral’ in the heart of the nation’s capital.
Those who wish to apply must complete an electronic application form and submit supplemental materials.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2020
The cost of the course is $1,100, which includes tuition, accommodation and meals. A $275 non-refundable deposit is required upon acceptance.