Click the link below for more info on our photo policies.
Each year Washington National Cathedral approves a limited number of proposals from outside organizations to hold special events at the Cathedral. Events rentals are scheduled by the Office of Event Management (OEM) which can be reached at (202) 537-5757 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposals are accepted from corporations and non-profit organizations (as described under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code)
Cathedral Spaces are not available for:
- Events of a primarily personal, political, or fund-raising nature.
- Events where the Sponsor is planning to charge admission fees, make collections, seek contributions, give door prizes, have auctions, or raffles.
- Events where the Sponsor intends to use the Cathedral space for advertising or promoting any product or service for profit.
- Events where the Sponsor intends to display or promote commercial products or sell items.
- Events where the Sponsor intends to conduct lobbying activities, hearings, press conferences, or recurring meetings.
- Events scheduled in public spaces between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:30 pm, Monday through Saturday, or for events scheduled on Sunday or holidays.
Exceptions may be made by OEM. Please submit your request for a variance in your event proposal.
The Cathedral reserves the right to review all use applications to determine if the event is appropriate to be held in the Cathedral or its related facilities. In cases where there is doubt or uncertainty about the nature of the event, as it relates to the guidelines or customary practices not specifically mentioned here, the Dean or his delegated representative shall decide the matter and all individuals and groups shall abide by the final decision.
Under no circumstances should the event be publicly discussed or announced prior to signing a Special Events Agreement.
Please email email@example.com or call (202) 537-5757 to reserve a date. A maximum of two potential dates may be held at one time. The Cathedral will reserve space for the Sponsor conditionally, pending receipt and review of your event proposal.
Please email a proposal letter including your organization’s annual report and tax certificate, if claiming nonprofit status. Your proposal letter should include the following:
- Name of the Sponsor
- Sponsor website
- Contact information, email and phone number required
- All available dates and times for the event, with first and second choice indicated
- Type of event
- Name of event
- Proposed program
- Program participants, speakers, entertainment
- Expected number of attendees
- Ticketed, by invitation only, or open to the public
- Space setup, audio, visual, lighting, and/or staging requirements
- Catering requirements
- Existing relationship of the Sponsor with the Cathedral
- Other information that would be helpful to the Cathedral in reviewing your request
If you do not receive an acknowledgement of your proposal within 5 business days, please contact OEM at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 537-5757 to confirm receipt of your proposal. The Office of Event Management will notify you of the Cathedral’s decision.
If your event is approved, OEM will provide you with a Special Events Agreement that identifies the terms and conditions of holding events at the Cathedral.
A signed copy of this Agreement and a deposit equal to 50% of the total cost described in the Agreement must be returned to WNC by the date specified. If the signed Special Events Agreement and deposit have not been received by the date identified in the Agreement, the event date may be released.