Who may be married?
- Couples of whom at least one party has received Holy Baptism
- Couples who are members of a church or exploring membership at a church
Who may officiate?
- Episcopal clergy licensed in DC, or
- Clergy of denominations that are members of the National Council of Churches of Christ in America must co-officiate with licensed Episcopal clergy person
Policies and Fees
- Marriage and wedding must conform to laws of District of Columbia
- Wedding must be scheduled and non-refundable 50% deposit received 6 months in advance, balance due 90 days prior to wedding date
- Interfaith weddings are approved on a case-by-case basis
Cathedral wedding fees begin at $9,000.
Scheduling a Cathedral Wedding
Cathedral weddings are scheduled for select Saturdays at 4 pm or 6 pm and are subject to availability. To begin the process, please complete the inquiry form:
Please contact Angela Wilson for information.
Please download the Cathedral’s Baptism Policies.